Just as a small update of what I have been up to during the last year;
- the development of the 2d pre-school series MILJA is well on the way. I'm very excited about where this thing is going and can't wait for the production to start!
- I have been visiting my regular workplace at YLE, working on some documentaries for pre-school television (had almost forgot how fun it is to work with REAL children) ;-) These short films are coming up on the world's best finnish-swedish TV channel YLE 5 in 2014.
- During jan-march 2013 I also participated in the pilot for the storytelling / short film production classes at Animaton mentor. Very good to get a chance to get back working in Maya after having been involved for so long with 2D planning and thinking with the MILJA-project.
Here, below, you can see my 2 character dialouge shot from the first class of this 3 class long effort. In class 1 we all worked on our individual dialouge shots, while at the same time developing story ideas for the upcoming short film project, which is to be realized during class 2 and 3. There is still some polishing to be done on this shot, though.
- I was planning to go on directly to to class 2 and 3 of this production pipeline class, but the whole schedule of these classes were moved forward for different reasons, which made it a little tricky for me to actually find the time to participate. Well, we'll see... maybe I'll join in later, sometime.
- Meanwhile, I heard the rumour about Kenny Roy starting up his COLLABS project, which seemed like a very interesting idea to me. This would also give me the chance to real pipeline experience, just like the AM courses would, but in a shorter time span than what would have been the case if I had went on with the AM classes... And we also get to see and learn a little about the BUSINESS behind it all, since the decision processes are transparent to all of us who are taking part in the project. Such an opportunity to invaluable learning!
So now I can proudly make the statement that I am a member of the very first ever COLLABS project! Really looking forward to the production which starts may 27th! Loads of good, experienced people are coming in to aid us through the process, just the other day we also heard the decision on which project we will actually be doing - and even if I can't tell you exactly what it is I can tell you that it is EXCITING !