Sunday, December 20, 2009

Illusion of life

As a part of preparing for Animation Mentor I am now reading the johnston/thomas book "illusion of life". I have just read through the chapter "discovery 1934-1936" and I am completely fascinated. There is a lot of stuff about the inside dynamics of the Disney team, how the different personalities of the team are banging heads against each other and how they find some kind of a balance finding out who is good at which areas, how they complement each other... Very interesting. And so much of it directly reminds me of my own job environment at YLE, also a team effort making children's live action programme's. All those creative team crashes...
If the rest of the book is only half as interesting as this chapter it will be a breeze to get through the 600 pages.:-)

No comments: