Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hello class 3! ...and first blocking for part 1 of "anim jam"

Class 2 "psychology of body mechanics" was mindblowingly good! I learned sooo much from it. Now I am hoping that class 3 "advanced body mechanics" will overwhelm me just as much.

My mentor for this class is Sean Ermey, have a look at his site here: http://www.seanermey.com/
Looking forward to be guided by him through the following three months.

At the start of this class we got to choose if we wanted to keep all three assignments of this class collected under a unifying theme ("anim jam") or if we wanted to have different themes for each assignment ("animation exercise").
I'll go for the anim jam and the choice of my theme is "Stewie at the airport"...

The story goes something like this:
Stewie is late for his flight, steps accidently on slippery floor and does a little sliding around on it, loses his ticket which gets stuck high up on a roof beam.
In the second part he will have to climb up there and get it - and of course it ends with him falling smack to the ground (breaking a leg and getting severe brain concussion in the process).
In the third part he will have head and leg in bandages, jumping along on a crutch on his way to the plane. He slides on his crutch and the ticket flies off and falls down into a draining hole in the ground. END.





So there I have my work for the rest of this fall piled up for me.

Here is a first initial blocking of part 1.
Of course things are missing here and there... The part where the legs aren't moving at all right now is where they later will spin around as crazy...



Cheers!

No comments: