Saturday, March 26, 2011

Progressreel class 1 - 4 of animation mentor

Four classes completed, two more to go. :-)

This last term labeled "introduction to acting" had its focus on creating belivable and interesting characters, analyzing your shot, making creative choices etc.... and we have also started to get more into the animation of more complex hand-rigs and started exploring eyes and facial expression. And in the upcoming class we will be getting even deeper into all these things...

(As you can see in my "bankrobber" assignment we didn't even touch upon the subject of the facial muscles yet, only did eye movement, blinks and jaw rotation... that will come up in the next class...)


So in conlusion, some evaluating words on this class and my experience of it...
Apart from a couple of really, really good lectures I don't think I've learned that much that is completely new to me when it comes to acting and the process of creating character, really. Knew a lot of that stuff from before...
But I have learned LOADS of new things on the more technical side. I discovered how very, very sensitive the eye animation is, how tedious and timeconsuming the animating of all the joints in the fingers can be - and thanks to my mentor Nicole Herr I've picked up a LOT of good workflow tips operating Maya and working in the industry in general.

So it has been a really good 12 weeks!

This is my progressreel from the first four classes of animation mentor, starting with the newest material.

No comments: