Thursday, March 25, 2010

Some pictures from my regular job directing children...

I just wanted to share some pictures with you to show you were I come from, professionally speaking...
These are some photos from the most recent tv-show I have worked on, "BUUS-fredag", it's a kid's magazine about fantasies, dreams, play and stories... The kid's in the show tell their stories and then these stories are acted out in small live action segments. The show is scripted, but the kids have a lot of influence on the content, which is an important point, really. It makes the show come alive..

"Directing a scene... Granny doesn't hear too well anymore. Her grandchildren have already tried to get her to notice them by shouting and waving - witn no success. Now they will try to get her attention making their balloons explode in her face."
"Sometime's you have to double as an actor too. This businessman has had some financial problems lately and has been forced to live in a box for the last two weeks. The dog in the foreground is about to lift his leg and pee on him."
"This is a love scene... the girl on the bench would like to approach the boy in the blue and green shirt and talk to him - but she's shy... :-)"
 
If you are browsing from somewhere in Finland you can watch the latest episodes of the show at http://areena.yle.fi/   , look for "BUUS-fredag" or "BUUklubben". But I'm sorry to say that the videofeed isn't available abroad. Sorry, guys.



Now I'm off on a long vacation to study at Animation Mentor. No television work for 18 months. It's really a shameless luxury I have here, to be able to study full time - and I am going to enjoy it to the fullest.

And it's nice to know that the tv-show is in very good hands with all my trusted and super capable co-workers. I'm so excited to see how they continue developing the show in my abscence. It's going to be great! :-)

1 comment:

Paese said...

Wow this is awesome Hans! Seems like a very fun and meaningful job:) You look very at home with kids! This is veryyyy cool!