Friday, March 26, 2010

This is where the "humble" part begins.

Class 1 starts this monday. I just found out that my mentor for the following 12 weeks will be Eric Lessard - animator / senior and supervising animator at incredible stuff like all the Shrek movies, Antz, Halo3, Madagasqar 1 & 2 (oh, I love them!), Sarila, The lion of Judah - and more.

This is Eric talking about 'the lion of Judah' by Animated family films. Check out the trailer at their site. link to imdb here.




And here is the link to the trailer of "Sarila", where Eric is animation supervisor. This one is still in production I think? Anyway, looks really interesting!
Directed By Nancy Savard and coproduced by Carpediem Film & TV inc., 10th Ave Productions inc., Shax Animation France and Los Hijos de su Madre.


And let's stop here for a moment now and think: Here I am, little me, nervous newbie and excited freshman standing at the gates to the art of animation... and I, little me, get the honour of having a guy like this as my teacher and mentor!
- Woah, it's just crazy, man!

This kind of thing makes you feel really humble. :-)
.

1 comment:

Paese said...

wow he's worked on some major projects, that's freaking soo exciting!!